Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Growing up with Domestic Violence.

Growing up with domestic violence was hard on me. My images of my father were not good memories. I learned from a young age that I never wanted to be in a relationship like that. They say that a children in a domestic violence situation always lives in constant fear. Well i lived in fear till my father went to jail when I was eight. I have learned so many facts about domestic violence, I have made a promise to my self  I will never get in to a abusive relation.

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you made that decision alone and prevented it from happening puts you among those few women who made that choice and stuck by it.I said the very same thing growing up than it took me 3yrs to realize how much of an abusive relationship i was in. It didnt get to the point of being physical (Thank God) but i have a feeling it was because we weren't living together or it would've eventually led to that.Verbally and mentally it was horror but one thing we get to realize is we make up a lot of excuses for whom we love. Thankfully i got out before it was too late but it could have gotten worse. Thanks for sharing your personal experience with Domestic abuse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lina,
    What is up with Ms.Chinnis? First we get no homework and then WHAM a bunch at once. I was pretty surprised. I am having my surgery today, I hope I CAN get everything done.
    Later

    ReplyDelete