Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Domestic Violence

When hearing about cases of domestic violence some people are confused about the  facts. domestic violence occurs among people of all races, ages, religious, and educational backgrounds. In the United States, a person is beaten by their partner every fifthteen seconds.Boys who witness domestic violence are twice as likely to abuse their own partners and children when they become adults. (Strauss, Gelles, and Smith, “Physical Violence in American Families: Risk Factors and Adaptations to Violence” in 8,145 Families. Transaction Publishers 1990). These are just some facts .

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lina,
    I am sorry you had to go through that. In my house it was a little different. My mom was good at making my dad feel like nothing. She had her own issues. I am happy to say over time she stopped doing that. Although when a child experiences something like that it stays with them a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete